2020 is a big milestone year for me. It is 25 years since I started BJJ & Muay Thai Kickboxing training and 20 years since I started coaching. Here is the next part. Feel free to like, comment and share this post.
Part 4 of 5: 2003 – 2015
This time range symbolises the end of my BJJ competition career (from Gi competition) and my MMA competition career. I also grew my academy from 50 to 450 students including many BJJ & MMA State, National & Pan Pacific Champions.
I could have written 5 parts just for the year 2003. Here are the highlights:
- I won a bronze medal at the 2003 World BJJ Championships as a Brown Belt.
- Carlos Machado presented me with a BJJ Black Belt during my visit to Dallas, Texas after I won Bronze at the Worlds.
- I competed at ADCC in Brazil. I competed 5 times in ADCC having won the South Pacific Trials to compete in the 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007 & 2009 ADCC Championships.
- I competed in the first BJJ Black Belt match in Australia at Bondi against Marcelo Rezende from Gracie Barra. I won 2-0.
- I made my MMA debut in an 8-man tournament. I won 3 MMA fights in one night to win the tournament.
My MMA career spanned 12 years from 2003 to 2015 with a 15W 10L record including 5 wins in the UFC all by stoppage. Here are a couple of links you can look at more info and pics.
- UFC Bio https://www.ufc.com/athlete/anthony-perosh
- Sherdog bio https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anthony-Perosh-9491
- Highlight videos https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamPeroshMMA
It has been my absolute pleasure to teach so many students both adults and kids in MMA, BJJ & Muay Thai Kickboxing. I am proud of every single one. I always post about my students on my website and social media after gradings, competitions and other events. Just scroll down this Facebook page and you can see what we have achieved together in just 2020. You can continue scrolling all the way back to 2007 too!
Tomorrow is Part 5: 2016 – 2020 which is the final part.
Coach Anthony Perosh
#mma #brazilianjiujitsu #muaythaikickboxing #wrestling #boxing #thegoalistoachievetheperformancerequiredtowin #trainhard #befirst #nochill #believeinyourself #teamwork #loyalty #family #respect #discipline