Here is the 5th & final part of my journey of 25 years training & 20 years coaching.
Part 5 of 5: 2016 – 2020
In 2016 we changed our name to Team Perosh Mixed Martial Arts and in 2017 we moved to a 1000 square metre World Class Facility. All 450 students made the move and we have now grown to 600 members. Here are some highlights of what we have achieved the past 4 years.
- 4 Gradings every year (2 in 2020)
- Our MMA team have had 50 matches from 2016-2019 with a 70%-win rate
- Our BJJ team have made 17 Pan Pacific, 21 Australian & 21 State Champions.
- Our extended family have increased to 15 Team Perosh Affiliate academies.
- Every year we participated in community events, charity fundraisers and had our Christmas party
In 2018 I made my return to BJJ Gi competition. I won my weight and open at the Australian BJJ Championships and then went to the World Masters BJJ Championships and won a bronze in my weight and gold (my first World title) in the open.
Instead of writing 2020 off I made the most of it. I rewrote all policy and procedures at Team Perosh, improved my staff and students’ skills and I learnt new life skills for myself in 2020!
There are so many people to thank over the past 25 years.
- Thank you to Carlos Machado for being my BJJ coach, mentor and friend.
- Thank you to my MMA coaching team including my Greg Jackson, Mike Winklejohn, Brandon Gibson & Chad Smith from Jackson-Wink, Steve Rudic, Denis Roberts & Paul Dallow.
- Thank you to my staff (John, Oulah, Johnny & Ana) for helping me run everything smoothly
- Thank you to all of my students (both past & present) for giving me the motivation. We are family. Everything I do is for you!
- And thank you to my brother dad, mum, brother John, Step Kids Natasha & Damian and my wife Ana for their continue and unwavering support.
I hope you have enjoyed my journey. Thank you to everyone who liked, commented and shared my posts. I am looking forward to the next 25 years of training and coaching!
Coach Anthony Perosh
#mma #brazilianjiujitsu #muaythaikickboxing #wrestling #boxing #thegoalistoachievetheperformancerequiredtowin #trainhard #befirst #nochill #believeinyourself #teamwork #loyalty #family #respect #discipline